Digits are creating our ephemeral network media. Responsive design is about removing control from the designer. The designer provides that platform for the experience and/or transmission of content. The user then allows the content to be delivered and uses one of numerous methods. Rethinking the fundamental idea of forming a web page is deepening my understanding of what content is.
Additions to research ideation:
- prominent touch-ready resizing buttons for body font only
- how to place sidebars and secondary navigational material after the first posts or main content. then follow with additional content and posts. Ajax powered content envelopes?
- golden mean proportioned modules (divine proportion 1 to 1.618033988749895)
- When setting flexible margins on an element, your context is the width of the element’s container.
- When setting flexible padding on an element, your context is the width of the element itself. Which makes sense, if you think about the box model: we’re describing the padding in relation to the width of the box itself.
- font at 100% is commonly 16px